Have you gotten in on the latest craze with InstantPots? We’ve recently fallen in love with ours for how easy and quick they are for making things that normally take hours and hours. They are the perfect kitchen gadget to pair with your Spice Madam boxes and so we made a little video to show you a simple formula for your weekday cooking using the InstantPot and SPICES! ALSO, a great #LIFEHACK on how to cook rice in the same pot to save even MORE time!
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 2-3 Tbsp spice blend (like Spice Madam Trinidadian Curry Powder)
- 1.5 cups of vegetables (tomatoes, zucchini, carrots all could work well)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 lbs frozen meat
- 1 part rice + 1 part water
- Put the InstantPot on Saute and add the oil.
- Chop the onion and veggies. Add onions to pot and saute for 3-5 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add the spice blend in the center of the pot and toast for 30 seconds, then mix all together with the onions.
- Add the chopped veggies. Stir to cook about 3 minutes. Add the 1/4 cup water.
- If the frozen meat is in big chunks, thaw just enough to cut up into smaller chunks. Add to pot and stir around.
- If making rice, put 1 part rice and 1 part water in an oven safe bowl that fits inside the InstantPot. Put the bowl in the pot on top of the meat.
- Cancel the Saute setting. Put on the lid and seal. Select the Meat/Stew setting and leave it at 35 min default. Walk away and live your life!
- Once the timer is done, you can quick release the pressure. Remove the rice bowl. Shred the meat. Turn the InstantPot on Saute again to cook the sauce down, if desired.