Hello! If you are coming from Keep Ruby Weird, we’d like to wish you a warm WELCOME!
Check out the recipe below to try out your sample of star anise.
- 3-4 lbs pork belly (or shoulder or boneless ribs)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 whole star anise
- 3 TB brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Peel & smash the garlic. Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Place the meat in a roasting pan.
- Rub the garlic all over the meat & place in the pan. Top with onions.
- Stir together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar. Pour over top of the pan. Add star anise.
- Cover tightly with lid or foil and bake in oven til tender & falling apart – about 4 hours.
- Skim the fat off the sauce and serve sauce over the tender, flavorful pork cut into even pieces.